Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Cat Crazy!

Coco's new school focuses on student-centered, project-based learning. The students in her K-1 class decided that for the next cycle of "kid of the day" they wanted to focus on animals. Each day for the next twenty days, one student will choose an animal to research and present their findings to the class. Coco chose to study cats for her presentation this Thursday. For her project, she made a collage about cats and a poster of cat facts that she will read/recite to the class.

She is very excited about her project and wanted me to put it on her blog for her.

They are deciding on Monday what their next learning unit will be. The kids brainstormed and Coco suggested weather. We'll see what they'll be working on once they vote on Monday. If I had a vote, I would choose robots!


Coco going "Cat Cool! Cats Rock! Cat Crazy!" (her project title)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coco,
Something told me to check your blog today, and I'm glad I did. What a colorful project. I liked making posters with pictures and Cool Facts when I was your age, too. I still remember making one with all the different kinds of houses people around the world live in. That was fun. I'll bet everybody liked your cat poster. See you for a tea party next time you come to La Grande.

Grandma Kathy